Instant Pot for the WIN!!
One thing you might not know about the Owners and Staff of Nomadés, we spend as much time talking about food as we do charm designs. If you want to blame someone, it’s Marijke, she was the original “foodie” of the group and converted the rest of us. We are all about some good chow!
We know you are busy! This unique season initially ushered in some “extra” time, but now with many of us working from home and our kids schooling from home…those days are gone.
Before the pandemic none of us were “INSTA” converts. But we have changed our opinion and decided it does make mealtime a breeze! Better yet you can order an instant pot and all ingredients straight from Amazon. Your dinner literally makes itself. This is one of our kid’s favorites. We hope you will enjoy!
Lasagna Soup Recipe
- 1 box Rotini pasta
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce- your favorite
- Extra veggie options-spinach, carrots, corn
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small can black olives, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 can (15oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 lb. Italian sausage- no casing
- 1 cup Italian blend cheese
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red wine (opt)
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar (opt)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 cups pasta water – reserved after cooking noodles.
- **Garnish for each bowl.
- 1 tablespoon Ricotta cheese, sprinkle parmesan, shredded fresh basil
- Pour water into Instant Pot. Turn to sauté and allow water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Remove pasta and drain. Reserve 1(+) cup pasta water.
- Add sausage to Instant Pot. Sauté for 3-4 minutes and add garlic, onion, mushrooms, olives and any additional vegetables except tomatoes. Sauté until meat is crumbled and vegetables are translucent. Drain any oil off.
- Add Spaghetti Sauce, chicken stock, tomatoes, garlic powder, and seasoning to mixture. *Rinse spaghetti bottle with wine and brown sugar and pour into mixture.
- Allow mixture to warm for a few minutes and slowly add cheese while stirring. Soup will thicken as cheese melts in.
- Once all the cheese is melted, add pasta water to thin out to desired consistency.
- You can add the pasta back in or just add it to the bowls separately with the garnish.