Nothing says summer quite like ice cream. This recipe is a must- have for July the 4th parties and throughout the summer months. We thought we would share it here on Stories from the Kitchen.
Christy, one of our owners, got this recipe from her mother-in-law and it is as good as it sounds.
First of all, invest in an Ice Cream Machine. Make sure you have plenty of ice and rock salt before you get started. Follow your machines directions for proper use.
Homemade Milky Way Ice Cream
1 32 oz carton of Half-n-Half
1 ½ cups of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 Large Milky Way Candy Bars
- Cut up candy bars into small bite size pieces for easy melting.
- Melt candy bar in saucepan with 2 cups of milk. (I tend to let some candy stay whole for little surprises in bites of ice cream…but I am nice that way!)
- Let chocolate cool slightly.
- Beat eggs. Add sugar, vanilla and half-n-half
- Add egg mixture to melted candy bars and stir
- Pour into ice cream canister and add whole milk to your fill line.
- Follow machine instructions